Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Faenza Calcio

Hey if you go here:
http://www.faenzanet.it/Sport/campioni1.htm

there is a big story and lots of pics from what looks like a pretty good tossup at one of GCM's soccer teams games.

Anyone care to translate or provide more ifo?

If you scroll through the pics you can clearly see GCM going onto the field and helping sort the situation out.

Comments

• Looks like the guy still has a lot of passion.
  • The story is about a match between Faenza and Cervia.
    They bot are playng in a low division, say something like 7-8th division of italian football.
    Faenza beated Cervia.
    But Cervia is not a "normal" team.

There's a tv show, called Campioni, on a Berlusconi's network ("Italia Uno"), a show that became very popular in Italy this year.
    They follow this little team, Cervia, on tv. The coach is a former world champion in Spain '82.
    People can vote for those who are going to play every week. And those young players are becoming very popular among teens and young girls falling in love with them (I'm puking)

So Minardi's Faenza beated this mediatic phenomenon.
    And the article underlines that Mr Minardi's team is also sponsored by a tv show, but from a little regional tv in Romagna.
  • so thats the division Faenza are in now. Got champ man 2001/2002 and they were in Serie 2/b